EMpy 1.0 is out! Python3 compatible!
After a long sleep, I resumed development on EMpy. The trigger was an appeal from Guido van Rossum at PyCon 2015 to package authors to support Python 3.
There are no new features to EMpy, but I have:
- ported the code to Python 3, using the amazing future library: now, both Python 2 and 3 are supported;
- setup Travis CI to run unittest on all supported Python versions;
- upgraded the dependencies to the latest available libraries;
- Pylint'd and pep8'd the code
- Renamed the package in PyPi to
ElectroMagneticPythonto avoid name conflicts with EmPy.
You can try it out by simply:
$> pip install ElectroMagneticPython
There is still to be done, to make EMpy "production ready", like improving unittest coverage and documentation. If anyone is interested to contribute, get in touch!